Frequently Asked Questions.
When does the conference begin?
- Conference talks begin on 4th, Saturday at 9am and continue till 5th, Sunday till 4.30pm
- Check-in time for the hotel is after 2pm on 3rd, Friday.
- There are no activities planned on 3rd, Friday. Relax!
- You have to check-out on 5th, Sunday by 11am.
- You can leave your bags in the lobby and they will be tagged.
- Beach Party is on 4th Saturday evening after Day 1 talks.
Does the conference provide internet?
- Yes! But only in the conference banquet halls!
- Using the internet provided in your rooms is subject to hotel tariff!
Any rules for attendees during the conference?
- Mobiles must be on silent or switched off. They interfere with the recording.
- We have elevated seating and lights will be dimmed the hall. So, please do NOT use your laptops as they will interfere with the recording.
- Only the last 3 rows have power cables, so if you have to use your laptops, you are relegated to the last 3 rows.
- We have live blogging at the conference, so you won't miss your phones, notepad or twitter.
- Read the Code of Conduct please.
Do you have conference-only tickets?
- Not yet! Depending on logistics, we shall make a few conf-only tickets available.
- It is highly recommended to stay at the hotel. You get to meet a lot of Rubyists and speakers.
Do you have Student Scholarship program?
- Yes, we shall open up the form for students towards the end of Feb. We have delayed this by 1 month as we prefer this closer to the conference.
- Students get a free Lite ticket.
- You have to arrange for travel your self.
- ONLY students should apply.
What does my ticket contain?
- 2 nights accomodation i.e. 3rd and 4th night.
- Meals starting from 3rd, Friday dinner till 5th, Sunday lunch.
- Conference talks
- Internet at the banquet halls
- Beach party
What does my ticket NOT contain?
- Incidental costs at the hotel are to be paid by the attendees during check-out. This includes the bar, the room mini-bar, laundry, room-service, etc.
- Usage of hotel facilities like the Spa.
- The swimming pool and gym are complimentary. Please ask the hotel staff what is paid and what is complimentary! Btw, attend the talks, not the massage!
Who is managing airport/railway transfers?
- We are NOT managing transfers for attendees.
- The Airport is 45 minutes away and the Mudgaon Railway station is about 1 hour away (subject to traffic conditions)
- Taxis are available at the airport and the Railway station.
- If we get Olacabs to sponsor the event, you can avail discounts for transfers to and from the hotel. Do persuade them to sponsor our event! ;)
Is there facility for early check-in and late check-out?
- Check-in starts on Friday at 3rd after 2pm. If you arrive early and if roms are available, you may get one.
- If no rooms are available, you can keep your bags in the lobby and explore the hotel, beach and nearby places.
- If you avail lunch at the hotel on 3rd, Friday, you have to pay for it yourself.
- If you checkout after 11am on 5th, Sunday, you may be subject to late check-out penalty!
Can I bring my family along?
- Oh yeah! The hotel is kid-friendly. You would need to avail a Supreme ticket for this.
- Your spouse is welcome to attend the Conference party!
- If you have kids and need an extra bed, you would need to inform the hotel and there is an extra charge for this.
Can I extend my stay at the hotel?
- Sure! The hotel has been kind enough to extend the discounted rates for the conference for 2 days prior to the event and 2 days after the event.
- Rooms are subject to availability. Please mail Venessa <email@example.com> with the subject line "Rubyconf India stay extension". Mention the dates you intend to stay.
- Of course, the earlier you do this, the better! And you have to pay for this yourself ;)
- Room Rate is Rs. 8000 + tax (APAI)
Want to know something more?
- Tweet to @rubyconfindia
- Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details about the event.
- Mail email@example.com for details about the hotel.